|Chainette Fringe||Beaded Fringe||Beaded Garland||Feather Fringe||$ale|
Wedding & Event Ideas
Tips For Designing A Home Gym
Shop all our Fabulous Finds
Artwork & Accessories
Cabinets & Countertops
Careers In Interior Design
Color Trends & Color Schemes
Decorating & Home Decor Trends
Education In Interior Design
Fabrics & Upholstery
Floors & Flooring
Home Health & Safety
Interior Designers, Working With
Painting & Home Decor
Walls & Doors
Shipping & Return Info
Our beaded fringe trims are 1st quality and exceptional in craftsmanship and detail.
Tips For Designing A Home Gym
(ARA) – Once upon a time, the term “home gym” meant a treadmill taking up valuable space in your bedroom. But times have changed, and more and more homes now boast state-of-the-art home gyms that include a variety of equipment you might expect to find at your local fitness center.
And while people are investing in the latest exercise machines, such as elliptical trainers and weight lifting systems, they’re also devoting more thought to the design and decorating of their gym space. After all, it’s easier to motivate yourself to head to the home gym if it’s nicely decorated, well-lit and attractive.
Here are some tips for putting together a home gym that will give you a good workout and that you’ll actually use:
* Choose an appropriate spot in your house for the workout room. Do you have a spare bedroom, or a guest room that doesn’t get much use? If that’s not an option, how about claiming a section of the family room, den or office? And, there’s always the basement. If that’s your only choice, there are ways to make it more inviting.
* Think about both your fitness goals and your workout personality. If you want to bulk up, for example, you’ll want to include free weights in your plan. If you know that you prefer yoga to running on a treadmill, plan your room accordingly.
* Buy the best equipment you can afford. If the equipment malfunctions frequently or just doesn’t give you a good workout, you’ll get frustrated and stop using it. Buy quality equipment as you can afford it. It’s better to build up your home gym slowly than to buy a bunch of cheap equipment all at once.
* Make your workout room inviting. Paint it using colors you love, display trophies, and add photos and other artwork. Wall murals are a great way to decorate a home gym. Murals Your Way, a Minnesota-based company, offers a wide range of wall murals that are easy to install and that add a whole new dimension to a room. “Murals can add a feeling of depth and space to small, dark rooms like basements,” says Todd Imholte, president of Murals Your Way.
The right mural can also be a motivational tool. For example, you can choose an ocean scene for the wall facing your treadmill and envision yourself running along the beach with the breeze blowing through your hair instead of huffing and puffing on a treadmill indoors. A woody wall mural lets you imagine you’re mountain biking down a forest trail instead of pedaling a stationary bike in the basement.
* For some people, their exercise time is a bit like meditation – they prefer to do it in peace and quiet. For others, working out to music helps them get pumped up and crank out that final repetition with the weights, while still others like to catch up on the news or celebrity gossip by watching television while working out. Whether it’s an iPod, a television or a DVD player, make sure you have access to technology that will help motivate you.
* Consider adding a mini refrigerator to store drinks that will help keep you hydrated during and after your workout.
A home gym can make it easier to fit a daily workout into your busy schedule. By making your workout area attractive, you’ll be much more likely to actually use it.
For more information on Murals Your Way, visit www.MuralsYourWay.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content
Decorating Studio, LLC or www.DecoratingStudio.com is not affiliated with the authors nor responsible for the actions or content of the articles, or any 3rd party information within or linked to or from Decorating Studio or Decorating Studio's website.
www.DecoratingStudio.com Home Page
"Decorating Studio tops the list of popular home decorating, interior design, chainette fringe, event and wedding decorations & home improvement sites because you always come first! We have Home decor, rhinestone trim, home decorating tips for events, receptions and weddings, home decorating guides, home decorating ideas and home furniture and decor. Do you want to be a decorator or interior designer? We have a complete list of Interior design and decorating schools, colleges and universities by state."