Decorating Studio Home Page
Shop all our Fabulous Finds
Beaded Fringe & Beaded Trim
Beaded Garland Strands
Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers
Anniversary & Numbers Cake Toppers
Rhinestone Trim & Chain
Embellished Jeweled Ribbon
Wedding Cake Rhinestone Ribbon
Wedding & Event Cheap Centerpieces
Wedding Cake Jewelry & Toppers
Wedding Flower String Lights
Crystal Glass Teardrops
Shop all Collections
Sales & Closeouts
Decorating By Room
Bathroom & Spa
Entry & Foyer
Room & Den
Game & Bonus
Theater & Media Room
Kitchen & Dining
Laundry & Hobby
Homes: Planning & Designing
Sunrooms & Conservatories
Exercise & Workout
Artwork & Accessories
Cabinets & Countertops
In Interior Design
Trends & Color Schemes
Decorating & Home
In Interior Design
Fabrics & Upholstery
Floors & Flooring
Health & Safety
Designers, Working With
Painting & Home
Walls & Doors
Your Shopping Cart
Shipping & Return Info
Our beaded fringe trims
are 1st quality and exceptional in craftsmanship and detail.
Foyer Decorating & Home Decor
As you read through the following decorating tips
for your home decor, they should give you some ideas on how to make
the most of your Entry and foyer - whether it is large or small.
- If your foyer is part of the Living Room, do not change the
flooring at this area. For instance, if the Living Room is carpeted,
don't install 15 or so ceramic tiles in front of the door. A better
option, is to let the carpet continue to the door, then lay a
decorative area rug over the carpet in front of the door.
- Even if you don't have room for furniture,
you should have a mirror near the front door. It adds light
to the area and allows those leaving to do a quick check
in the mirror!
These foyers use wall space for very narrow tables,
just large enough to hold keys and mail.
- Rich deep colors are perfect for the foyer. Like the Guest
Bathroom, this is a very transitional space that people don't
spend much time in and you can be more daring here in your home
decor choices. If you have a separate Foyer, paint it a bold
- If you're unhappy with your Foyer, think of changing the
Front Door. It is amazing the difference it can make inside
your house and it can make the outside of your house more
attractive as well. Think about a door with panels or leaded
- Or, for a less expensive option - change the hardware on the
front door. A new doorknob and hinges can make a huge difference.
- Add plants, in beautiful urns or pots. If you don't have a green
thumb or if your entry area doesn't get any light, you can get
a silk plant.
Whether your Foyer is a formal stone one or
a small vestibule in a cottage, plants and flower
used inside and outside will transform the front entry.
- Artwork! Need I say more?
- A narrow entry table. If you only have space for a very small
table - do it! It is perfect for tossing keys, mail, and cell
phones in a hurry.
- If you have a separate entry splurge on the floor. Go with
a slate, or stone that is porous but won't be slippery when
wet. If your entry is part of your living room, buy a beautiful
area rug (3' x 5' is a good size) to place in front of the
- For a separate Foyer, paint the ceiling a rich and dramatic
color, or paint clouds on it. Make a statement in your home
decor! Also think about replacing any ceiling light fixtures
with something a little more daring.
- Add light scones near the door.
- If you have room, a small bench or chair is ideal near the front
Don't Forget About the Front Porch
This house would have an entirely different
appearance (and not receive as many second glances)
if the front door were painted white. By painting the door and the trim around
the window a bright blue
the owners are emphasizing and drawing your attention to, the stain glass in
- Paint the exterior of the door a fresh dramatic color that will
go well with the exterior of your home.
- If you have room on your porch, add a chair or swinging bench.
- Have fresh flowers in pots near your door. The more fragrant
the flower, the better!
- If you haven't replaced the door mat outside this year - go
ahead and do it. They are fairly inexpensive and everyone looks
down at their feet while they are waiting for someone to answer
- Put new light fixtures outside, not only for beauty but for
- Purchase a wonderful garden statue and position it on the
porch near the door. Yes, home decor extends to the outside
of your home!